Delicious, simple, and it freezes well…what more can you ask for in a quick bread? This is one of my all-time favorite banana bread recipes, and one of my most requested. The good folks at Barndad Nutrition sent me some samples of their FiberDX to play around with, and I thought it would be a good addition to the recipe, boosting protein and fiber. And who can’t use a little more protein and fiber?
(PS – I used the unflavored FiberDX, and it’s undetectable in the final product.)
Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
Featuring Barndad Nutrition’s FiberDX
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pouch unflavored FiberDX*
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 TBLS milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick pan spray.
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and FiberDX (if using). Add bananas, butter, and milk. Beat with paddle on low speed just until dry ingredients are incorporated, then increase speed to high and beat for 2 mins.
- Add eggs and whole wheat flour and beat until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool on rack in pan for 10 mins, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- For best flavor, wrap and store overnight before eating. Keep leftovers at room temperature for up to 2 days. Freeze for longer storage.
*You can make this recipe without adding the FiberDX; it won’t change the flavor or consistency.